Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cranberry Relish

This is a wonderful addition to your holiday table.  I first tasted this side at my friend Taff's house.  I've revised it a bit to my family's liking.  Even people who don't like traditional cranberry dishes like this version.  I always make a double batch as my family loves it and I add leftovers to my morning oatmeal and am planning on using it in my cranberry bread.  I've frozen it and it does just fine when thawed.  You can play with the amount of sugar, I've cut down on it in my version.  You definitely need a food processor or mini chopper for this dish unless you love to chop!  Enjoy!

1 bag fresh cranberries, washed and sorted
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (in it's own juice)
1 whole orange, unpeeled
1/2 cup sugar, more or less

Place undrained pineapple in a bowl.  Cut the orange in eights and process/chop into fine pieces.  Add to pineapple.  Finely chop the fresh cranberries into fine pieces and add to orange/pineapple mixture.  I do this in batches as I don't have a large processor anymore and must use my mini chopper.  Mix well, add sugar, mix again.  Taste and add more sugar, if you prefer.



No comments:

Post a Comment