Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Banana Bread and Cinnamon Butter

This is a wonderful bread when you have a surplus of overripe bananas!  As my bananas ripen, I throw them in the freezer, unpeeled.  When I have 6 or 7, I make this aromatic bread!  This recipe came from my friend, Jean.  She and I taught together for many years and she was always bringing in something homemade to share.  It's really tasty plain or, served with this cinnamon butter recipe I got from my cousin Deb.  Deb shared this with everyone on one of our "cousin" retreats.  She served it with pumpkin bread, which is another great choice!  Hope you enjoy one or both!

Banana Bread

1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup chopped pecans
6 or 7 overripe bananas, mashed

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, mix.  Then add dry ingredients to mixture.  Add bananas and nuts.  Bake in tube pan at 275 degrees for 30 minutes then 325 degrees  about 45 minutes.  Serves 12.   It can also be baked in two loaf pans,  just adjust the baking time.

Cinnamon Butter
2 sticks butter
3 Tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 lb (4 cups) powdered sugar

Place all ingredients in a mixer or food processor and mix well.



No comments:

Post a Comment