Monday, January 28, 2013

CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE

Heard about this recipe on a talk show on Sirius..a Martha Stewart talk show...It's very easy!  I cut the ingredients down for two people, and went from there.  It is very good, guess the thigh is a more budget friendly cut of meat..(bone in can be used).*  The chicken turns out very moist and the sauce was very lemony tasting, (used fresh lemon from my garden!).  We had peas and mashed potatoes to go with....the sauce is actually good served over the chicken and potatoes...it was a good meal.

8 boneless chicken thighs*       (I used 2 skinless/boneless)
Salt & Pepper
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced      (I used about 2 - to taste)
1 cup dry wine                           (I used 1/2 cup)
1/4 tsp dried thyme                    (I used some fresh I had)
1 lemon cut into 8 thin slices,  (I used 2 lemon slices -1/2 -1 slice topped each thigh)
plus 1 TBSP.  fresh lemon juice
(I squeezed some of the juice from half a lemon for the sauce)
1 TBSP COLD Butter, CUT IN PIECES  (I used same amount of butter)
2 TBSP chopped flat-leaf parsley (I didn't have any so had to leave out)
Cooked rice or mashed potatoes

1.  In a 12-in skillet with a tight-fitting lid , arrange thighs, bone side up; season with salt and pepper.  Add garlic, wine and thyme, Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer.  Cover and cook 30 minutes.

2.  Turn chicken over.  Place a lemon slice on each piece, cover and continue simmering until tender, about 15 minutes.  Leaving garlic and liquid in skillet, transfer chicken and lemon slices to a platter.  Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.

3.  Bring liquid in skillet to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.  Remove skillet from heat  Add butter (It must be COLD), parsley and lemon juice; stir until butter has softened and sauce is smooth.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve chicken with sauce and, if desired, rice or mashed potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment