Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chocolate Orange Muffins

This morning as I was enjoying my coffee, I decided to make a batch of muffins. Since I haven't made any in quite a while, I decided to make something different. So what comes to mind...well chocolate of course it was then that I noticed 2 oranges from my nieces tree in Fla., innocently staring at me, at about the same time I came upon this recipe. I have no idea where it came from but it all came together for what I was craving this morning. Here it is my masterpiece!!!

2 med. oranges                              1/2 fresh o.j.
3 oz. bittersweet choc                    1/2 c yogurt, buttermilk or sour milk
1 c. sugar                                       2 c. flour
1/2 c. butter at room temp              1 tsp. baking pwd
2 eggs                                             1/2 tsp. baking soda
Oven at 375
grease muffin tin, Zest the oranges, Chop chocolate into small pieces. Beat sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time and mix thoroughly. Add peel, O.J. and yogurt. (your mixture will look very odd and "broken" but don't worry).  Mix the flour, powder and soda together, then sprinkle flour mixture and the choc. over the batter.  Fold gently until just mixed.  Bake 20 to 25 min. or till springy. This muffin is very tender, and just delicious.!

No comments:

Post a Comment