Monday, August 1, 2016

Wild rice patties
Wild rice is one of my husband Ryan's favorite things. Luckily when we go back to Minnesota I can get it fairly inexpensively.  I decided to make up some wild rice patties. These are a great side dish and pretty easy. So here ya go!
1 cup wild rice
1 cup shredded cheese
1 small carrot shredded
1 egg
2 tbsp flour
dash of salt
dash of garlic powder

I like to combine this early in the day so the cakes can come together a bit. I also cook my rice in chicken broth. I used a gouda truffle cheese that I found at Costco and it was fantastic. I would recommend any good sharp cheddar or a pepper jack would also be good. These are pan fried in a little olive oil.  They can be a bit fragile, just keep reshaping them as they cook with your spatula.Fry until golden brown, then flip and cook them on the other side.  Enjoy
P.S. I used 1/2 cup dry wild rice,  to 1 1/2 cups water, you will have leftover rice for another use.

No comments:

Post a Comment